Friday, September 24, 2010

Going for a swim, ride and run

As part of my 12 week mission to get fit and healthy, I needed to make some milestones along the way. Something to work towards. I'm not sure I know what I'm doing but I have just registered to do a triathlon. Yikes! *deep breath*

It's on the 7th November and it's a women's triathlon called Triathlon Pink and it's for the National Breast Cancer Foundation. Now, I personally haven't been through or directly know anyone who has sadly had to suffer through breast cancer but I'd like to support it anyway, you know being part of the sisterhood and all!

And it just so happens that this event ties in with my own personal health and fitness goals. So there you have it, my very first triathlon. Granted, it is only a short course consisting of a 100 meter swim, 3km bike ride and a 1km run. But it's still a triathlon. That I'm doing. I'm not a very good swimmer either, so it's time to start swimming lessons!

I'll add a little box over on the side there so if anyone feels like they want to sponsor me, they can. It would be very welcome and appreciated :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...