Monday, December 20, 2010

U2

Last night, The Bear and I had a kiddie-free night out. We went to the U2 concert at Subiaco Oval (oops sorry, it's now called Pattisons Stadium). It was one of the best concerts I've been to (not that I've been to many, that's probably for another post). The stage setup was just amazing. They had a 360 set up, hence the tour being called their 360 Tour! We had seats up in the stands and had an excellent view of everything, even though the band did look pencil sized.

Jay-Z was the support act and while I don't mind a bit of Jay-Z tunes, his live performance was rather average. I couldn't imagine him doing his own show in a venue that size purely because the majority of his songs are performed with another big artist, in which case half of his performance was recorded!

The general admission was awesome! I think the atmosphere down in the mosh pit would have been mind-blowing! To see so many people squished in together, all bouncing to the same groove, it just looked phenomenal. One day, I would love to experience a big concert at a huge venue like Wembley Stadium.

It was a fantastic night out and a great show. U2 are definitely a band to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...