Monday, January 30, 2012

Beginning of a New Era

We have just moved house. Finally settling in and finding places for all the bits and pieces, slowly settling into a routine and making plans for the future. This house is bigger, on a good size piece of land, closer to the city, closer to The Husband's work, closer to the beach, closer to shops, closer to family. The neighbours are friendly and it has a good feel which is nice. We used to live in a cul-de-sac and you would think that it would be easy to get to know the neighbours but we never really did. Our new street is more open and so far the neighbours seem lovely.

This house is an old house and it's liveable. We will only renovate the bathroom because the shower is unusable due to lots of broken tiles. Everything else we can live with for now because our 5 year plan (loosely 5 years, it's a guide) is to knock this place down and rebuild our dream home. It feels awesome to be here now because it's one step closer to one of our goals.

In this house this year we will see the arrival of our third baby. Quite disbelieving at times that I will be a mother of three when several years ago I never thought I'd ever have children after being diagnosed with endometriosis. I truly feel blessed.

My first born starts kindergarten this year. It's sad yet exciting at the same time. I can't believe he will be 4 soon. Time goes so quick! We must be having fun! And I'm ignoring the fact that I am getting older! Despite that fact, I am really looking forward to how this year unfolds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...