Friday, May 18, 2012

Just Sayin'

Still no sign of baby. I'm 39 weeks and 2 days today. If baby doesn't make an appearance by Wednesday (my estimated due date), then I'll go into hospital to have my waters broken. Being my second VBAC means that they won't do any other type of induction (oxytocin, prostaglandins, etc) due to the increased risk of uterine rupture, which is fine by me. Because of the gestational diabetes I'm not really allowed to go past my EDD due to risk of the placenta failing even though I have kept my blood sugars stable. I have been taking Raspberry Leaf Tea, Evening Primrose Oil and have just started with the Clary Sage. Let's hope there's some movement over the weekend!!!

In other news, I have joined up again with the Michelle Bridges 12 Week Body Transformation. To reduce my risk of developing type 2 diabetes, my dietitian suggested it would be wise to lose the pregnancy weight gain as soon as possible after the birth. I've gained 12kg. So, I thought why not, let's do the 12wbt again! So, here is my committment:

To lose an overall amount of 17kg.
By the end of this round, I will lose 8kg, return to aikido training and teaching, run 4km without stopping, regain my core strength.

...and I am committed to do the work to get me there!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...