Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Dear Winter

Dear Winter,

I love the sound of rain on the roof, wood fires, hot chocolate or hot cups of tea, hearty casseroles, warming soups, warm woolly jumpers, thick socks, and snuggling up in bed with a good book or on the couch to watch a DVD. But I think it's time to back off a little.

You're cold and wet, grey, dark and depressing and confining me to the indoors. I need more warmth in my life. I'm sorry but I like Spring and Summer much much more. The cooling sea breeze, the warmth on my face when I'm outdoors with the kids at the park or the beach, not shivering my arse off. I love the blue skies, the longer days, a BBQ in the backyard with a nice cold beer, icecream at the harbour, a glass of wine in the Valley, a cycle or run around the river.

Winter, you can not give me these things. Bring back the sun.

Yours sincerely,

Someone in great need of Vitamin D

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...